Mobile Phones UK offers cheap mobile deals on contract, payg & pay monthly mobile phones. Compare mobile phone deals with latest mobile handsets offered by networks like orange, o2, vodafone, three, t-mobile & virgin.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sony Ericsson W890i Full Review

I have had the pleasure of using the Sony Ericsson W890i this past week, I have always been a big fan of the products Sony produces and my opinion hasn’t changed after playing with this phone. The slim look and 3G speeds made it very fast when I’m on the go and it certainly wasn’t a bulky phone in my pocket. This has been one of the first phones I’ve seen and held that has the camera on the front and the back, at the moment though we are not able to do video calls in the US because the technology has yet to be fully released here.

I’m a huge music on the go kind of girl and I was always very used to my iPod, but I decided to venture out and load my music on the Sony and take it on the go. One feature I loved was the ability to listen to all my music and make playlists, but most of all it was nice being able to listen to the radio. Sound quality is as impressive as you’d expect from something with the Walkman logo, but obviously the radio - which uses the headphones as an aerial - sees quality vary according to signal strength.

Some additional features of the phone include PictBridge to print straight from your phone to your printer, just plug it in and choose the photo you would like to print. Another cool feature is the Sony Ericsson’s ability to recognize music tracks; called TrackID, you just record a clip and give it a minute and it will come back with the Artist Album and Track name. It’ll also offer you the choice of buying the track from the company’s PlayNow download service. The Sony Ericsson W890i measures 104 x 46.5 x 9.9 mm and comes with a music kit that includes a 2gig memory card, a stereo hands free headset, a usb cable, charger and pc software. Also, for those of us who don’t just want a silver phone, it also comes in a gunmetal grey color.

All together the only thing I wasn’t satisfied with on this phone was trying to type on such a small keyboard, being someone who loves to text and email on my phone it wouldn’t be my first choice. I highly recommend this, though, to those who love endless music selections and portability all built into your phone.

At the moment this phone is only available in the UK; if you are purchasing the W890i there you can get it free with T-Mobile service.

source : http://www.phonemag.com/

No comments: